We are ELATED to announce that we have purchased our passage and will be moving to Nairobi, Kenya on March 3rd!! We have been walking down this road to Kenya for over 2 years and to be this close to the end (and the beginning) is pretty astonishing, truth be told. Along the way we have seen God show up in the most unusual ways and surprise us again and again with His faithful hand on our family. In that time we both have developed a pillar of faith in our hearts that will hold us high as we set out to answer the Call. In these 2 years we have had the rare and sacred privilege to meet with hundreds of people from varying backgrounds, hearing their hearts and catching glimpses of the wonders God is accomplishing in their lives. We are beyond blessed to be partnering with so many of them and are thrilled to be looking the future square in the face with these incredible brothers and sisters in Christ backing us.
WHAT WE ARE JOINING IN KENYA: We are tremendously excited to be joining a dynamic and tenacious team who has been in Kenya for the past 7 years bringing this ministry to life and setting it up for a bright future. Here are some of the incredible highlights they’ve recently sent us:
To date there are:
- Over 3,000 Kenyans have attended leadership trainings
- Over 300 home discipleship/leadership groups with over 2,500 Kenyans actively engaging in community development and growing deeper in their relationships with Christ
- Over 10 churches have been planted
- Kenyans building homes for Kenyans
- Kenyans feeding Kenyans
- Kenyans equipping and empowering Kenyans, who then will equip and empower Kenyans
- Kenyans creating community and bringing the love of Jesus into their neighborhoods
Our team has told us they are adding more people and churches to the waiting list consistently and can’t wait for us to join them in March! For a snapshot of the ministry, click here.
WHAT WE ARE DOING NOW: As you might guess we are focusing on logistics and getting our family ready to rebuild a new life halfway around the world full of adventure and incredible ministry. One of the tasks we are still working on is finding our last 10 monthly partners to reach 100% of our monthly goal as we’ll then be able to move. This equates to a remaining $900 a month.
We’ve broken this down into a fun graphic we call the “Yellow Brick Road to Kenya“. (See below). If you know of anyone who is passionate to see God’s people equipped and empowered to reach their communities with the Love of Christ, who might want to “grab a brick” please let us know. If you want to share the “Yellow Brick Road to Kenya” with anyone you can find it by clicking here.
WHAT WE NEED PRAYER FOR: Here is what we would love for you to surround us in prayer for:
- 10 more monthly partners so we can spend our time getting ready to move and helping our girls prepare for the transition.
- Securing some additional large suitcases to pack our belongings in for the plane
- That the process of transitioning and starting a new life and ministry in Kenya would draw us closer together as a family.
- That the time we have left in Colorado would be a sweet and rich one with our friends and family. And that the Lord would fully prepare and comfort those in our close circles who will feel our absence (and vice versa).
- That the Lord would provide some solid time for us as a family to reconnect and have some fun. It’s been an intense season with language school, Clinton working full time, securing partners, the holidays, etc. and we’d love to be able to have a little bit of down time as we close one chapter and gear up for a new one.
WHAT WE STILL NEED:
- As mentioned previously we need large suitcases. We’ve been told for a family of four we’ll need about 20 of them total! Yikes!
- We’ll need to make some final purchases before we head on out. So, if you know of any coupons or discounts at the following stores, we’d love to know about them and save where we can (Pahtyana’s favorite hobby and secret superpower): Kohl’s, Home Depot, The Container Store, Costco, Bed Bath and Beyond.
In closing we remain in awe of our God, looking back on His divine provision and presence. We look ahead knowing the immediate work still to be done and keenly anticipating the future that at long last is near.
Clinton, Pahtyana, Ellyana & Enjolie
Click here to “Grab a Brick”!